Wednesday, 20 May 2009

makes me want to scream

It IS possible that I'm incredibly intolerant. It is, in fact, extremely probable.
but everytime I learn that someone I know believes in god in an way that is (in my opinion) incredibly stupid, I want to scream. shout. yell.
what do I mean by that?
There are people who connect EVERYTHING to god. Of course, everything IS connected to god, but we don't really need to talk about that all the time... they talk (or write) about reading psalm 139 every night and the rest of the book all day or stuff like that... If they try to help people they talk about god instead of talking about the people they want to help... they advise them to read the bible (I would advise them to read comic books - laughing cures) and assure them that god (insert psalm 139 here)...

stuff like this makes me want to vomit. and that fact makes me want to kick myself because I don't want to be such an intolerant ass.

I mean... it IS okay to believe in god! It is probably even GOOD! Helpful! just not for me. not in such an extreme way.
But if people try to make other people believe in god, try to force them into a religion, a church, whatever, it's over for me. no way.

after having said that... can you believe that I sometimes pray? I find it hard to believe that I do. But I do.

I TRY to be more tolerant. I fail. Every day.

No comments: